Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween!

After Klamath Falls, I flew back to meet Josh in New Jersey where he was staying with his parents. Josh has spent a lot of the time helping his dad remodel the bathroom. I have spent a lot of time reading, laying around, and drinking cocktails. Life is tough...

The Friday night before Halloween we went to see Josh's "uncle" Steve and his band Old Skool who were playing at a local bar.
 Josh went as an Olympic Gymnast, Brian was a Doctor, Josh's dad was Jason from Friday the 13th, Kathy was a hot older lady (I know I thought you were suppose to go as something you weren't too) and I went as a mouse.
 This is a picture of the family and I with "The band"!!!! They were great!! We danced all night.
 There was actually a Nor'easter storm coming through at that time. It caused flooding and tons of snow all around us. Luckily, where we were at we just got a little snow. They were huge flakes!!
 Here is Josh's parents, Kathy and Kevin. Scary!!
 There was a costume contest that night and Josh actually won third place!! Edward Scissor hands won first and Little Red Riding Hood won second.
 Everyone thought I was a cat, I thought I could have won the contest, look at those whiskers!!! But no, apparently skinny gingers in spandex are cuter than mice.
 Here we all are!!!
 I really wanted to carve some pumpkins, so Kathy drove me all over Manahawkin looking for pumpkins. We eventually found some, but the store was closed. Since it was the day before Halloween, I figured we could just take them. They were on the street and the store was closed and they were a little soft on the bottom. I feel justified....

 I picked a pretty hard stencil, at least for me. I'm more of the triangle face carver. But I think it turned out pretty good.
 Brian did a scary face and Kathy did a cat on a fence. They all turned out so good!!
We also roasted the pumpkin seeds. Delicious!!!

1 comment: